Location and Time
The California Capital Airshow will be held at Mather Airport, on September 6-7, 2014. Airshow gates open at 9AM and close at 4PM with performances from approximately Noon to 3:30PM each day of the two-day show.
The address is: 10510 Superfortress Avenue, Mather, CA
There is ample parking and superb traffic management. Please note, parking is not free. Cash only will be accepted for parking, or you may purchase parking vouchers online. The fee for each vehicle is $10 and does not include exit and re-entry.
Parking is permitted only in designated parking areas at Mather Airport. Routing is clearly shown and only accessible as noted in options below. All routing and parking is monitored by law enforcement during show days.
Please note, the following streets will be posted as No Parking or Stopping and cars will be towed:
- Mather Blvd to Douglas
- Zinfandel Dr from N. Mather Blvd to Douglas
- Douglas Blvd from Sunrise to Mather Blvd
- N. Mather Blvd to Zinfandel Dr
- Bear Hollow at N. Mather Blvd
Taking a taxi or need to drop someone off?
Drop offs or taxi access is permitted from Mather Field Road exit only.
Map of the Taxi Route
Please follow these directions:
- Take the Mather Field Road exit from Hwy 50. Proceed down Mather Field Road and follow southbound to Von Karman Street to the turnaround point at Trajen.
- You may be stopped for Airshow traffic.
- As you drop off, just return on the one way street, Whitehead Street, out to Mather Field and exit the Airshow.
Mather Airport is located just 10 miles from Downtown Sacramento and adjacent to Rancho Cordova. For accurate directions depending on your location please use Google Maps or use regional specific information below.
Map of Inbound Traffic
Map of Outbound Traffic
We Have Plenty of Parking!
(NOTE: $10.00 CASH is required for parking or you can purchase a pre-paid parking pass online here.)
- Take the Sunrise Exit southbound to Douglas Road; turn right and proceed. Follow the signage to designated Airshow parking areas.
- Take the Zinfandel Exit southbound to International Dr, turn right and follow to Mather Field Rd. Follow the signage to designated Airshow parking areas.
- Take the Bradshaw Road exit and proceed southbound to Old Placerville Road. Turn left (east) and follow the signage to designated Airshow parking areas.
- Take the Mather Field Road exit and proceed southbound. Follow the signage to designated Airshow parking areas.
- Take Bradshaw Road north to Kiefer Blvd, turn right (east) following to Happy Lane, then turn left and follow the signage to designated Airshow parking areas.
There will no longer be additional bus or light rail services from Mather Mills Station to Mather Airport. For Regional Transit rates and bus and train schedules for October 5th and 6th, please visit the Regional Transit web site.